June 27, 2008
With Erik and Marc
Lindquist Field in Ogden, Utah is known for many things.
1. It is home to the Ogden Raptors of the short season Pioneer League.
2. It has been touted as the minor league park with the best view in all of baseball.
3. There are a hell of a lot of little kids running amok at the game.
The view was indeed very good.
Have garlic fries replaced Dippin' Dots as Marc's one true baseball love?
The Raptors went into this game with an abysmal 1-10 mark. The Orem team came in with a 10-1 record. Quite the mismatch.
Sunset in Ogden
A few other things of note:
2. A foul ball ricocheted off a railing and almost hit me in the face.
3. A player shattered his bat in two by smashing it on home plate. Kind of cool.
4. My favorite player on the Raptors was Devaris Gordon. He must weigh about 102 lbs. He struck out a couple of times and every time he did, he'd walk back to the dugout hitting himself on the top of the helmet with his bat.
5. Marc forgot to condition his hair.
I swiped a few photos from Marc and Erik for this post. But not this one. Check it out.
I miss High Desert.
Hide and Seek
2 days ago