May 17, 2012
This game was awesome. Let me count the ways.
1. It was my first game with Bart since 2009 - the game where he fell in love with Ike Davis. This was his first time being reunited with Ike since that game. It was a lovely reunion.
2. I went to Shake Shack for only my second time ever at Citi Field.
3. Because the guy messed up at Shake Shack, I got a free dog and fries as well as my burger. It was much appreciated by Bart and myself.
4. The Mets came back from a 4-0 5th inning deficit to score to tie it in the 7th before scoring 5 in the 8th powered by a David Wright go ahead double and a Ronny Cedeno 3 run home run.
5. Most importantly, I should have been at work.
Who loves businessmen's specials?
Right before Wright's double.
The go ahead run scores!
Other things of note:
1. David Wright went 2 for 2 with 3 walks to raise his batting average to .411 and his OBP to .513.
2. The game was a nice respite from the whole "gotta fire the nanny" talk that I was in the midst of in mid May.
3. I enjoyed this heckle from a fan to Frank Francisco after he put two runners on base in the 9th - "You make Benitez look good." Wow, that's as harsh as you can get.
Mets: 21 - 17
Hide and Seek
2 days ago